Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Kale CHIPS!!!!

This is a Simple Easy Snack!

Let me say, I love almost every veggie, any way! But I was a bit skeptical of kale chips. When Denise from Winston mentioned them on the blog last week I knew I had to give them a try!

Again with kale make sure you wash it really well. It is a very hardy green and you can do so much with it! Experiment!!!

I made the kale chips the way Denise suggested, but I also put my own spin on some. Both batches turned out great!

Original Recipe:

Ingredients
  • 1 bunch of Kale
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 t sea salt
Preparation 
   Preheat oven to 350
   Clean kale really well. Pull leaves off of tough stems. Cut into 2 inch pieces. Toss leaves in olive oil and salt. Place on sprayed baking sheet and bake for 10-15 min. Until edges are golden brown.

Amie's Kale Chip Recipe:

Ingredients
  • 1 bunch of Kale
  • 1 1/2 T olive oil
  • 2-3 T Soy Sauce
Preparation
  Preheat oven to 350 

  Clean kale really well. Pull leaves off of tough stems. Cut into 2 inch pieces. Toss leaves in olive oil and Soy sauce. Place on sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 min. Until edges are golden brown.

Both versions of this simple snack are great! The soy sauce added a rich flavor! You can also use a season salt, or add white pepper to add some zing! 



Stay tuned for my next recipe, London Broil. Easy, delicious and great to feed a crowd, or to make two meals and only cook once!




  








No comments:

Post a Comment